- Create a special space for studies that ideally is placed in the Knowledge + Self-Cultivation area of the home, den or student's room. Try to avoid temporary places like the dinner table, in front of the television on the couch or a breakfast nook. Instead, gather "study chi" with a designated area. Make sure that this space is clean, clutter-free, well-lit and well-ventilated.
- The study area should absolutely be free of a television and its electromagnetic pollution as well as any clutter as both make it difficult to focus and concentrate.
- Make sure the student is seated in the Commanding Position (in the farthest corner from the door, facing the door but not in front of the door) with their back against a solid wall. Don't have the desk facing a wall as you don't want them to be literally and metaphorically "up against a wall" when studying! If there is absolutely no other choice, then place a mirror at eye-level on the wall so you can see behind you and not be startled.
- Make sure there aren't any sharp corners or "poison arrows" from cupboards or furniture pointed towards their body or head. Either move the furniture or use trailing plants or fabric to soften the points and edges.
- Use red folders, notebooks and binders.
- Feng Shui help for passing exams can include placing red paper inside the front and back covers of any book or folder. Then attach 9 small round mirrors on each inside cover placed in any pattern and seal with the Three Secret Reinforcements.
- Create a "Fame + Recognition" wall in the Fame area of their bedroom or study area to encourage confidence, self-esteem and hope. Display awards, trophies, art work, photos from performances and so on. Then add some up or down lighting or surround with strings of red lights to activate and encourage more achievements.
- Activate the "Knowledge" area of their bedroom with a bright light that's kept turned on until they go to sleep or a globe that lights up.
- Create space for the student so energy can flow around them and support them. Clear any excess furniture or belongings; clear excess commitments and avoid over-scheduling so they have down-time to recharge, renew and rejuvenate their life-force. Too many possessions and activities can lead to scattered and exhausted chi.
- Activate happy rainbow chi with a round clear faceted Swarovski crystal sphere hung in the window; in the center of the bedroom from the ceiling; over their desk; or in the Knowledge area.
© Gwynne Warner 2012
If you want to experience a "10,000 Blessings" lifestyle filled with greater happiness, ease, gratitude and abundance, then go to www.10kblessingsfengshui.com and sign up for her articles, audios and photos designed to thrill and inspire you.